Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Where's my Preacher?

When we got home from work and volleyball and football practice there was something a bit too calm about Coal Creek Farm.

Where's Preacher?

Preacher isn't home tonight.
He's never run away.
He's always here to greet us.

Where's my Preacher puppy?


I sure hope he comes home tomorrow. Life won't be the same without him. He helps me feed all the animals and hang the laundry and water the garden and pick pears and check on the pigs and chase the kids. Ramone and Virginia love Preacher they have a little bucket of water on their porch for him to get a drink out of when he comes over to visit. He gathers the cows for Ramone and plays with the calves and irritates the momma cows.


He lays on the porch furniture even though I tell him to get down. He knows I'll leave the porch eventually, so he can get back up on his cushions. Those cushions are filthy because of him. I'll take the filthy cushions if he will just come home.
My 6yo cried himself to sleep because he just needs his Preacher to come back home. And I hope I wasn't lying when I said I'm sure he'll be back tomorrow.

Who's going to bark at the moon tonight?

22 comments:

Sally-Ann said...

So sad. I hope your dog comes home!!

Karen Deborah said...

Please God enough with the lost dogs, first Nell and now Preacher. So God would you please send that dog home and if he's hurt soem where just heal him. These little kids need to see that miracles really do happen. Please,in Jesus name AMEN

Rosemary Q said...

Oh, I am so sorry! I hope he comes home. Maybe he and Nell are having a rendevous and they'll wander back to their respective porches soon.

Sharon said...

So sad. I hope he comes home soon.

Anonymous said...

Lord, find Preacher and send him back to that little 6 y/o. Like Karen said, our little ones do need to learn that You can work miracles when all hope is lost. In Jesus nature, I pray. Thank you. Amen. Margie

Anonymous said...

I pray that Preacher comes home, too.

Lesley Ann

Anonymous said...

I hope Preacher comes home soon and puts the smile back on your kids' faces

Trisha said...

Come home Preacher, Come home!

I hope he is back soon!

Mama Dawg said...

Oh, I hope he comes back soon.

jean said...

I'm just heart broken. I can't imagine the worrying you are going thru. I hope Preacher comes home today.

Anonymous said...

Hoping he come back home soon safe & sound.

Alisa said...

Oh no! I hope he's already home.

Kitty Bo said...

Prayers from Texas that Preacher will come home!

Anonymous said...

I'm with karen deborah. Ugh.

Go home, Preacher!

Marilyn said...

I lost my 11-year-old cat, McKenzie four days ago...feeling your pain.

Marie said...

Praying Preacher is home soon.

Stephanie said...

Sending prayers for Preachers quick return...those darn smelly
aggrevating animals ..drive us
to distraction but are sure missed
when they are gone...

Rhea said...

Oh, no. Please, please let Preacher show up today. I'm gonna cry if he doesn't.

My boys would be devastated if our sweet big Annie disappeared. :o(

Woolysheep said...

Here's hoping the best happens and he comes home safe and sound. Shortly after I moved here to FTW, my pathetic looking, toothless, nearly hairless, dog Cuddles decided she wanted no part of home after she had to suffer the indignity of a bath again. I had tried to catch her but even in her pathetic condition she could still out run me. After a couple of days and no dog and no calls (she has tags with our ph#)I figured I was now down to one dog. One morning, two weeks later I got up from bed and went to the bathroom. I heard this clicky-clicky commotion outside the bathroom door. I opened it to find Spike and Cuddles jumping around in the hallway. She had come home, found her way back through the fence and came in the dog door like she had never left. She was sans collar and tags but later that day I got a call from a lady that had found them caught on her fence. How Cuddles survived crossing as many busy streets and big dogs I will never figure out but it's good to have her back.

So chin up and hope for the best. I am hoping for the best for you.

Kristi J

Jean Martha said...

Is he fixed? Maybe he went to have a quick date with a female friend?

The Source said...

Oh no! We're sending up some prayers that Preacher gets his doggie self home right away! It's just not the same without him.

Nikki said...

Do you suppose he and Nell are dating? Oh! I see romi had the same idea. Please let Preacher come home soon.