Monday, September 22, 2008

Big Squeeze One

On Saturday we were delighted to get an invitation to a party in the country called 'The Big Squeeze'.

But, first we got lost and were trapped in the middle of the old west. There were cowboys and Indians and

gates and
airplanes. Well, okay, maybe not the old west. But, someone sure does like to play with the metal.
This is my friend Kelli. She is the reason we GOT to go to the party in the first place. We didn't actually receive an invitation from the party throwers themselves, but Kelli knows how much I adore country stuff so she asked if it was okay if we crashed the party. Isn't Kelli cute? Later, in the evening she asked me if I'd seen her sunglasses because they had fallen off her hat. I told her I'd never seen her glasses and I was pretty sure she wasn't wearing them in the first place. Uh, whoops. Kelli, you were wearing your sunglasses, they're on your head. This is why I would fail miserably at being a detective and also I made coffee three times in a row today and thought my coffee pot was broken because the pot was full of clear hot water. The third time I went to make it I realized I hadn't been putting the COFFEE in the filter. So, please don't ever ask me to answer anything important....ever.
This is the house where The Big Squeeze happens. Pretty ding dang darlin', ain't it? Now, I'm super tired because I went to a Standing Game today and toted boys to a birthday party and hung laundry on the line and had to make coffee three times before I could actually drink it, so I need to get to bed. But, I have loads of awesome pictures and I promise I'll post more and explain what The Big Squeeze is.
Until then, what do you think a big squeeze is?

22 comments:

Rechelle said...

I am pretty sure it is squeezing crap on a stick.

Far Side of Fifty said...

A milking contest!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm bettin' the farm you were pressin' cider.

Lori R said...

no idea--you country folk baffle me

Sharon said...

A compilations cd by Snopp Doggy?

flutterby said...

A group hug! :) But, really, I think clayvessel is probably got it right.

Jenni said...

Is it a cider making party? I don't know! It's apple time and the apples have to be pressed or squeezed to make the cider. It's all I've got.

Will you tell us more about the metal sculptures, too? Those are so cool!

April said...

Jenni,

The sculptures were at a dead end on a county road that we thought went through to our destination. We were really tickled to get to see them. I don't know the owner. The cowboys and indians were set up by a big metal shop/building. He also had big metal daisies adorning the fence line and cactus and another gate that was too far away for me to get a photo. Behind the metal gate that I took a photo of were the most curious horses staring at us and two goats. They also had a darling chicken coop. So, I need to find out who these people are so they can be my new best friends and make me a nifty Coal Creek Farm sign.

Unknown said...

Well Rechelle, beat me to my answer for your question but I was going to reply that I truly hope it has nothing to do with crap on a stick.
I have no clue. Must be a Midwest thing?
Can't wait to find out!

Mama Dawg said...

A clandestine toilet paper hugging party? (you know, Don't Squeeze the Charmin)

Woolysheep said...

Well clayvessel beat me to it. I was going to say cider pressing party.

Anonymous said...

All I could think of was squeezing oranges for juice, but while I love fresh-squeezed OJ, I don't think my party guests would do that for me! :)

I think clayvessel is right as others have said.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what the big squeeze is this time but I do remember what you had to do to that hen of yours!

I have made "clear water coffee" so many times that I now need step by step instructions stuck to the coffeepot for myself. I get sidetracked easily.

Kathy b in California

Rhea said...

Three times? Really? Dang, April.

I hope it's a squeeze-start your brain event!! Hehe Just kidding.

I have no idea...grapes? Milking?

I like Rechelle's answer.

Nathansma said...

Sugar Cane. Squeezing sugar cane juice. Let it sit out a while and it makes a very potent homeade spirit. If you know what I mean.

Carla

Southern Gal said...

Is it like a "main squeeze?" If so, then we're talking about my husband here, & just what was he doing way out in the country for his Main Squeeze party?

Ok, no my real guess is that the Big Squeeze is when you're lactating and you have to squeeze the milk out of your big breasts? Just keeping with the bodily fluid theme around here....

Angie said...

I have no idea. But I can't wait for you to tell us. You never cease to make me laugh. I would like to just be the fly on the wall at your house.

Vickie said...

Girlfriend, I don't remember how I got here, but I'm comin' back. I have been ROFL reading your last few posts. WHat a hoot! Can't wait to see what the Big Squeeze was!

Crap on a stick......snicker snicker

Anonymous said...

I think it has something to do with making homemade lemonade or apple cider or something along those lines?!

Patty said...

I think maybe it's when you invite a few people for a party, and they want to invite someone elso (like you, since it would have been a really boaring party, but then you came and it was suddenly WAY more fun) and then everyone has to SQUEEZE into the house!

Marilyn said...

It has something to do with the state of our economy. Rather than sit around crying, maybe you just had a party! Good idea.

Gladys said...

I'm guessin squeezin cider. I could be squeezin Toilet Paper, Charmin to be exact, but I think it's making cider.