Monday, September 22, 2008

The Big Squeeze 2

Speaking of Craponastick, there was a lot of stick action at The Big Squeeze, but not one bit of it was crap.


Look, here's an old man with a stick.....
Boots on a stick....
Corn tucked in a tree on a stick....
Cute boys playing by a big honkin' stick....
Playhouse made out of gigantic sticks....
Dog wishing she had a stick.... but absolutely no crap on a stick.
This was my favorite, the tricycle with flowers. I mean, come on, how stinkin' cute is that? These folks have lived on their homestead for 24 years and in that time they have been able to paint their personality on nearly every spot of the three acres they own.


Clever, very clever. And cute. And clever. And cute.
Does this screened porch make you want to say, "I'll pour the tea, darlin', you pass the biscuits".
One more thing as I drag out the posting on The Big Squeeze, which I promise I'll reveal tomorrow, maybe. This is James and John. Son and Dad. They asked me to take their picture together and then I wrote my web address on James' hand in permanent marker because he wanted some pictures of the event. So, here's one for you guys, great photo of you both, I must say.


11 comments:

Lori R said...

Well, you country folks still baffle me, but I think I'm starting to catch on. Your little stick distraction didn't stop me from noticing there's a lot of drinking going on in the background, yeah, and funneling, and jugs, and is that moonshine you're making out there? Nah, probably not, too many kids wandering around.
And I have to say, I'm jealous of the green. We don't do green here in AZ. Nope, we do brown, and rocks, and cactus. But not green.

Rhea said...

Torture. I still have NO IDEA.

Love all the photos and the personality at that home. Beautiful yard...and screened in porch!

Jenni said...

There may not have been any crap, but it looks like there was Pooh (the little house with "Mr. Sanders" over the door). Maybe Pooh and Piglet were playing Pooh Sticks, which sounds very much like crap on a stick, but I think it is really very different.

I love the GIANT tricycle with flowers, but the boots on sticks are my favorite. I think I may borrow that idea. I'm sick of all these rubber boots on the front porch. I have a couple of cute pairs in fabulous prints from Tarjhay that have holes in them and are no longer so useful for stepping through the muck in the horse corral. They would add a little color to the display. I'm also tempted to go buy some of those cute little frog and bug kids' boots--just in case small children stop by. Not that many do, but still.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place. I have to say, I'd love to be there. Forever. And I love that playhouse. Margie

Unknown said...

Jenni,

I know!! I'm going to start sticking our boots on sticks too. But, Preacher is always carting them off in the yard so I'm thinking he'll cart off the sticks too.

Unknown said...

ARgh! Seth is not leaving comments on my blog, it's me. Dur hur. I did add coffee to the coffee pot this morning, so there's hope.

Rosemary Q said...

I live in the city. The only thing we have is "Hot Dog on a Stick" at the mall.

Is the big squeeze a "bring a friend" party?

Ann said...

Wasn't there a shot of a very cute 2 yo on a swing?? Maybe with a beautiful mother pushing the swing???

Anonymous said...

The big squeeze - are you squeezing apples and making apple juice and cider?

Or is it something to do with teenage zits?

Rhea said...

APRIL!!! It's THURSDAY!! We need to know the answer. (or at least I do)

Rechelle said...

April - I killed a snake on my blog today. Actually - I didn't kill it, but that is not the point, the point is since when is it wrong to kill a snake? What is going on? I didn't kill a person... I killed a snake. A SNAKE!!! Do you think some of those folks were confused?