Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Mint Julep Anyone?

I have been dreading and looking forward to this day for about a month. My friend Deborah came over and we painted the heckle jo jeckel color out of my daughter's room. Unbeknownst to me the color of her room used to be orange sherbet...gag reflex going pretty hard right now...I always thought it was light yellow, who knew?

Now her room is two shades of light green that makes me want to go have a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. It looks like a spring garden party. I need a soft white dress and hat with fresh flowers to wear while I eat my petit fours and sip my Earl Grey just to enter the room. Loverly, just loverly.

How do I find the time? What sacrifices were made? Great God in Heaven let me tell ya...

Ellen is so helpful and she happily set to making lunch for my children and two of Deborah's children. She made mac & cheese, which is something she does often and quite well. What she usually doesn't do is add the left over shells from the night before to the freshly cooked pot on the stove and then stick the metal pot into the microwave to heat it up a bit, ZAP! She came quietly into her room where I was busy making her world beautiful and said, "Mom, could you come here for a minute?". No, she didn't ruin the microwave, but I was a bit surprised at her fear of touching the pot that was shooting sparks just moments before.

Did I mention the cleaning ladies came yesterday and my house was 'ting' beautiful and shiny clean?

Today, the kitchen was Chex Mixed from the pantry to the family room. The baby wore four different shirts because he kept getting wet with I don't know what, but one time he smelled strongly of some sort of citrus. And since the reheat of the mac & cheese wasn't so successful there were bowls full of yellow glop as far as the eye could wince.

The bathroom is producing rolls of toilet paper. Yesterday there was one roll, today there are three and one which is shredded around the bathtub.

My daughter decided to turn the bathroom into her staging area for changing into her moments attire. There was the "play outside for 15 minutes" outfit, the "change into more appropriate attire to go to the mall" outfit, the "help Mom paint my room" outfit and the "I don't really want to wear this so I'll add it to the heaping mound of clothes already on the floor so my mom won't wonder what to do with her free time" outfit.

Even though I spent Monday doing laundry, Isaac woke me up at 1 in the morning to tell me he couldn't find any underwear. So, he went back bed with nothing but what God gave him. With no underwear to soften the blow during the day he changed his pants twice because apparently it's uncomfortable parading around commando style. At one point he walked through the kitchen with no pants on telling all who would listen that he was still searching for underwear. Tonight as he got ready for bed in front of his family and Ryan Seacrest his striptease revealed...still no underwear.

I'll get to those tomorrow, today was all about Mint Juleps dahling!

No comments: