Monday, February 16, 2009

Ramone Update

I can't tell you how touching it is that even though I don't know many of you in person that when I say I'm concerned for my sweet neighbor Ramone your response is to comment with well wishes and prayers.

Thank you.

We went to the Hospital on Saturday to visit with Ramone and Virginia. Ramone is weak and tired. The doctors were going to do some more tests today.

When Ramone wasn't dozing off he would engage in our conversation. I told him the cows missed him and to get home soon.

Virginia told us some great stories. When they lived in town they had a neighbor that didn't have indoor plumbing and their outhouse was stinking something fierce. After asking the neighbor several times to take care of the problem, Virginia had some strong words with her in which the neighbor challenged Virginia that it was her property and Virginia couldn't make her clean it up if she didn't want to. Well, that was enough for Virginia to call the Health Department.

Thirty days later the neighbor had been forced to move out and Ramone bought the property for a song. Because, as Virginia said, "Nobody wanted to live in that sh*! hole". They tore down the house and it's still an empty lot today.

And that my friends is how Ramone and Virginia are doing. I'll keep you updated as I know.

11 comments:

Melody said...

I'm hating the m&m ad! I can't read your post because the ad won't close!

I'm glad that you were able to visit them. Wishing him good health soon!

Lisa said...

THANKS FOR UPDATING US ON YOUR AWESOME NEIGHBORS. THEY ARE A SPECIAL COUPLE THAT ARE TRULY IRREPLACEABLE.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you were able to go and see them. It must make them happy to know they can count on you.

Leila said...

I love them. They are the best!

Make Virginia tell you all her stories and then tell us!

We will pray for them!

Janelle said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to see he's on the mend.

http://blessednationranch.blogspot.com

Karen Deborah said...

keep on praying, she isn't sick!
He is a cutie and that old CHF stuff is a stinker so keep us posted.
great story!

Elizabeth said...

I almost sent you an e-mail today asking how they were doing. I didn't want to be intrusive, just wishing them well.

Thanks for the update!

Sally-Ann said...

So glad that you posted an update. Loved the outhouse story. When I was a kid a few people still had outhouses and I remember a truck that would go around collecting the cans of waste. Boy did it stink! What a job!!

Lisa S. said...

Good to hear Ramone and Virginia are still rockin! Thanks for the update and keep wishing them well for us.

Danielle said...

Glad to hear he's hanging in there and that the doctors are on it at least!

Jean Martha said...

Have his kids come to help out their Mom? If not, I'll start making calls...