Wednesday, October 31, 2007

These are the people in my neighborhood...

So far, there are some pretty fun people around these parts.  A couple deserve a mention.

My favorite is "Carpool Lady". She's awesome!  This woman picks up my kids from school and delivers them straight to my door even though it's three miles out of her way.  I've offered several times to pick up the kids at her house, but she just smiles and says, "It's no big deal!"   She's fed my husband and son when I had to go to Wichita for a volleyball game, she's delivered my son to a volleyball game that I was line judging and she's had my son over to play multiple times.  Instead of thinking that this woman has a very kind heart, I worry that I've given her the impression that I'm needy, scattered and incapable of juggling my children's activities, which I'm willing to continue that impression since it's obviously working in my favor.  She has earned an official spot on my Christmas list. 

Many of you have met Ramone.  He's still just as precious as the first day we met him.  I love talking to him over the fence.  He's invited Clay to hunt on his property with this warning, "You can shoot anyting you wan, but if you shoot wanna my cows, dat's when we part ways nkay?"  Many times when I'm talking to him he'll gaze off into the field and say in a quick whisper, "Look over der!  You see any deers?"  So far, I've never seen the deer that's caught his eye.  He's also a wealth of knowledge on my house. He knows when the fireplace was taken out, when the heat pump was put in and the names of several of the previous owners.  Me and Ramone, wees gonna be good neighbors for a long, long time or alees until he croaks. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that the Sesame Street song will be playing in my head all day long now, right?

Jean Martha said...

"Please, be a blessing"

OMG. If someone said that to me, I'm afraid I'd laugh so hard that spittle would fly.

Jenni said...

LOL! I'm singing "These Are the People In YOur Neighborhood" too:o) I love Sesame Street.

My favorite euphamism comes not from a Busy Body type but from a parent who believed only in natural consequences for training her children. She had a very laid-back, no discipline of any kind approach. She was a nice person, but you could always hear her saying, "Was that a good choice?" It didn't matter what kind of danger her son put himself or others in, what he destroyed, or how badly he treated others. All I have to say is, "Was that a good choice, Mom?" LOL!

I love Ramone! I'm so glad I clicked the link and read more about him. I read his accent wrong in this post, though. For some reason he sounded Cajun on the first read:o)

Anonymous said...

Now you just know that Ramone is going back in his house and telling his wife that he made you look again for the deer and then laughing behind your back. He's a tricky one that Ramone.

Unknown said...

And you better just pray that Ms. Busy Body doesn't read blogs!! LOL

I'll never tell her - your secret is safe with me.