Monday, March 02, 2009

Load up them grocery cards, darlin'.

Okay, let me splain dis whole loadin' da card dilly hoop for you.

Get out your Kroger, Dillons, etc... card and click on one of these sights.
AOL foods
P&Gesaver


Sign in, sign up, click the coupons you want they will load onto your card. They send you an email with the coupons you have loaded in case you want to print them out and put them in your wallet or coupon holder so you can remember what you loaded on your card. That last step is only for those of you that are super organized...which is not me. I don't have a plan for how I will remember what coupons are on my card, yet. Now, there is not a big selection on these two sights so you may find nothing, but I still thinks it's an easy thing to learn and worth checking in once a week.

I find it very strange that I'm telling you all how to do this.

Next thing you know you'll find me sewing my own clothes.....out of coupons.

7 comments:

Leila said...

I tell you one thing, you people out there in "flyover land" -- and I say that lovingly, unlike some others :) -- have better cheaper stores than we do here on the coastlands.

Grrr....

But maybe we have better thrift stores. Maybe not, but a girl can hope.

Southern Gal said...

I've heard about this and always wanted to load up my cards. BUT, alas, none of the stores that participate are in my area. We have stores in our town like Piggly Wiggly. (My daddy calls it Hoggly Woggly.) Bi-Lo, Kroger, etc. are all over 35 miles away. Bummer.

Renee

Beth said...

Ha! I'd like to see your coupon clothes!

I *might* have to try loading my card. My closest grocery store is 6 miles away, but Kroger is only 7 miles...

Patty said...

'Splain away, girlfriend! But could you start back a way for me? Just what is a grocery card? Is that a charge card for a grocery store?
Also, I agree w/ Leila, you have better stores. The nearest Aldi is 5 1/2 hrs. away from me! I don't even know where there's a Kroger, or Dillards. My choices consist of the local (20 miles away) IGA or Big Dollar, and the farther but slightly cheaper Super One (2 hrs. away) or the even farther away, Cub, Sam's Club and Walmart (2.5 hrs. away.) I know you're probably wondering, "Does this girl live on MARS?!" No, northern Minnesota, 30 miles from the Canadian border. Happy couponing!

April said...

Jerimiah 29:11,

Yes, I do think you live on Mars. Wow, I'm beginning to think Kansas is a bit hip.

A grocery card is just a plastic discount card that you sign up for and then swipe it everytime you go to that particular store to receive a discount. It would be so much nicer if they would just lower the price, but the card is an incentive to shop at their store.

Patty said...

Ah, I get it! My mother in law has one of those for, um...Pick-n-Save, maybe? We don't have a store that uses grocery cards. Bummer, but I guess I'll just have to use regular old paper coupons.

Jean Martha said...

LOL!!! Love it.