Saturday, September 15, 2007

Word from Kansas

It's been the longest weeks of my life. We arrived here Sunday evening and spent the night in a hotel. Monday morning we took Ellen to school and showed Isaac his classroom then we headed to the house.

These are the parts I remember;

We pulled into the drive, lots of unpacking, lots of driving back and forth to school and volleyball practice.

My parents stayed until Wednesday morning and they worked their little hineys off.

My dearest girlfriends came on Thursday and we did a very sweet project that I'll show you pictures of....real soon. They left this morning.

We drove over to my sisters to get the last load of boxes that we had stored at her place and we brought back my four nephews to spend the night.

Everyone is happy, healthy (if you don't count a couple runny noses and the adjusting to the drier climate...lotion is constantly being applied) and eager to get settled.

That's all I've got in me for now.....goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

M.C. misses you tremendously...she was all tears last Sunday at church. Hung with D.S. tonight and she said they had a great time - she says Lawerence is incredible and that your house is much more gorgeous than the photos convey. I know they both had a great time...hope all is well. I can't believe you're really gone.
Love, Lori

Jessie said...

Welcome to your new home, April! I know that you are going to love it there more every day! You are all missed, though! I looked over to the front right and it seemed the wrong people where in the second pew...