Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Next Tuesday


"It's Tuesday, Grommit."


By this time next week I'll be done unloading our U-Haul. We can take possession of the house at 8:00am on Monday and no sooner. But, before that happens I have to get a couple of my kids up, dressed, fed and delivered to school by 7:30am. A school they've only seen from the window of our minivan. That little detail is causing me some serious anxiety. I know they will be fine, but the thought of dropping my kids off in an unfamiliar place makes me want to hurl. Would it be too weird if I followed them to all their classes?

Ellen is going to be playing volleyball for the first time evah. The school's junior high team had 16 girls and they needed more girls on the JV team so that's where they put Ellen. Did I mention she's never played before? Evah? No, nevah. Her first practice is....you guessed it, Monday. So, here we go, plunging right in.

I'm going to wear some deep ruts in that driveway with all the back and forth, back and forth, forth and back that I'll be doing this year. Lord, have mercy.

The picture of the drive was taken from atop the tree fort, where I'm going to hide next Monday, so I won't have to help unload the U-Haul.

3 comments:

Rechelle said...

Cracking good toast Grommit. You will be fine. Your kids will be fine. What exactly is the worst thing that can happen to them in a private Christian school? Get bible versed to death??? Be ridiculed for showing too much skin??? Get detention for not knowing that dadgummit is considered a curse word??? I will join you in the tree fort and we'll let mom do all the unpacking.

jean said...

And turd. Don't forget to tell them not to say that word. But everyone is going to be fine. It's going to be crazy and stomach turning but in a few days it will all be normal. Either that or you'll have some good blogging stories for us.
jean

Crunchy Chicken said...

I think I'm gonna hurl on your behalf.