Monday, September 24, 2007

Walnuts

I'm working on a post about walnuts, cuz I got a lot of them growing on my land. My fingers are stained a nice shade of brown from shucking walnuts today. I'm not sure that all the work is really worth the two pounds of nuts I'm getting, but ya know what? They were on the ground and needed to be picked up, so heck, might as well shuck 'em and then I might even eat 'em.

But, it may take a day or two for me to walk into the kitchen, pick up my camera, walk back to my computer and download the pictures.....it's hard work you know? So, I decided to take the lazy way out and show you some other pictures of walnuts. Well, maybe there not really walnuts.....maybe there pictures of something that looks like a walnut. Ready?


Prepare yourself......



I warned you.......



Yes, this is my husband, he is a nut.  A big freakin' nut job.  Nut, nut, nut.


And this one isn't much better.

Ready?

Have you recovered from the last one?

Be careful, you might hurt something when you look at this.......




I know. Nut-ball. 

More about walnuts tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lori Waggoner said...

Oh - my - gosh, April!! Don't you have some more furniture to re-do or something? I fear the Kansas dry heat has shriveled your remaining brain cells!

Those are hysterical, but it makes me kinda feel sorry for you...like something has gone really wrong...come back now before it's too late!!

Unknown said...

Is his name Walter? ::giggle::

HEY -- here in Iowa we can "harvest" these nuts, then sell them to the DNR. Walnuts aren't worth that much... but White Oak is worth a TON! $40 a bushel (if I remember right.) It's a lot easier to sell them, then to shuck them.

Michelle said...

I am not sure, but I don't think it's normal for one's head to change shape like that. You might want to get him looked at by a professional.

Our black walnuts here in MN are way too time consuming to harvest. (IMHO) I just boil them up to make stain for hand woven baskets. Beautiful!