Monday, July 21, 2008

The question is...

will I ever blog again?


I don't know.  I seem to have put myself on a blogging break.  So, what the heck does that mean?

Uhhhh.......

How about I just start spouting out stuff?  

Like,

We got our first chicken egg.  It's the most beautiful color of blue, it matches the new sheets I bought for my bed.  I think the egg might be a fluke since the girls aren't supposed to start laying until September or October.

I ordered fly control.  The fly control is a bag full of parasitic wasps.  Rechelle asked me what I was going to do about my wasp problem after the flies were gone.  Good question.

My neighbor, Ramone, came over and laughed at my corn.  It's pathetic, the grass is taller than my corn.  He also asked if I'd seen his corn, which is over six feet tall and healthy.  I wanted to mimic in a snotty voice, "Have you seen MY corn!"  but instead I hung my head in shame, ringing my hands and said, "Yessss Mastah,  I see your corn, Mastah".  And to add salt to my festering wound I recently read this quote in a book, If you can go grow a toenail you can grow corn!  What the?!  Who the?!  MY TOENAILS ARE FINE!!!  DAMN CORN

I still haven't repaired my computer.  I did get my camera charger back, but I haven't taken any pictures.  I know.  This is riveting information and the hair on your butt cheeks is charged with electricity knowing how exciting my life is.

We went to St. Louis last weekend to visit.  It was good to see old friends but we were so happy to be back home.  Ellen cracked me up when she told me she was ready to come home on Saturday, but then she wanted to stay for church to see all her old friends.  So when she got to church she said to herself, "Screw this, I wanna go home!"  Aw, I'm so proud, what a sweet little lady I'm raising.  Not a lick of sarcasm in her.

Seth started football camp today.  Dear God.  One mom told me she thought Seth was too logical to play football.  Bwah hahahahaha.  Okay. 

Ellen is practicing her driving and I must say she is very comfortable behind the wheel.  But, she doesn't have a lick of sense when it comes to direction.  We were driving home tonight and I told her she was on her own to get us home.  Let me just say I saw a lot of streets I'd never been on tonight.  I finally had to tell her which way to turn or we may have ended up in Kansas City. Geezo Laweezo, I don't know if I'll ever be able to let her drive herself to school, who knows where she'll end up?

Hey!  No TV in June is over....I forgot to tell you.  But listen, if you're still not watching then God speed my friend.  I kicked the habit and haven't been watching TV at all with the exception of a few movies.  But, when the weather starts getting cold I may change my tune.

That's it.  Over and out.  And as my Mom says, "Now go line up all those babies and give them a big hug and kiss for me!"  or as I say to Clay when he's at work, "Now go line up all those engineers and architects and give them a big smooch from me!"  Whatever you've got just line it up and give it some love from old April.  mkay?  


11 comments:

Trisha said...

Glad you are back! I always like hearing what is going on in your part of the world.

P~ said...

April, so nice to hear from you again. I don't comment too often, but I love laughing at the um... unique way you tell a story; one of a kind. Be well!
P~

Peggy said...

Love reading whats going on in your part of the blog neighborhood

Jenni said...

LOL, you make even ordinary stuff funny, April. Who do you and Rechelle get your sense of humor from anyway? Is it your mom or your dad or both? Whoever it is, I'd love to see a guest post by them someday.

Egghead said...

Hey who says I have hair on my butt cheeks? Were you peeking?

Kim said...

You must not take a blog break now; I've just discovered it and I'm already almost all the way through your archives! (Because I'm sure begging from a complete stranger will sway your decision)Either way, I'm enjoying your writing very much!

Lucy said...

thank goodness your back. I was so sick of seeing "Crunchy", everytime i landed on your blog. You and your sis are funny girls. Corn can be fickle.
Lucy

The Source said...

My daughter is getting her leaner's permit next week. Or, well, she's trying anyway. I guess that means I'll be clinging to my dash board yelling out the window for help!!

Lindsay said...

good to have ya back. I can always count on you for a laugh...and I mean that in the sweetest way possible.

Anonymous said...

April, I love reading your blog and would miss your funny posts so much if you stopped writing. So, thanks for the new post....and keep 'em coming Sistah!
*Hugs*
Bertie

jean said...

Thank God you are back. Take some pictures of your kids, the cats, dog, chickens, pigs and of course the corn. Maybe you are growing miniature corn?