Monday, October 02, 2006

It's raining April

My children met Brian Jacques .
My oldest son loves his books.

My husband ate one bite of pork steak Saturday.
We spent five hours in the ER to get that one bite dislodged from his esophagus.

I bought a new pair of jeans at American Eagle.
I've been thinking a lot about muffin tops every time I put them on.

My FIL drove from Louisiana for a mini visit.
He drove for two days and stayed for 18 hours, most of which my husband had meat stuck in his throat.

We had a surprise party for my daughter.
I was surprised at how much candy young girls can eat.

My daughter waited 13 years to get her ears pierced.
I think she would have waited longer, glamour isn't important to her.

My garden is getting sleepy.
I have many green tomatoes and lots of herbs to look at.

We have cut down lots of trees.
Free firewood for all that will haul it away.

I watched Napoleon Dynamite again.
I had a pair of Moonboots in high school, but I only wore them when it was snowing.

3 comments:

JJRiding said...

I hope that your husband is ok. What is an FIL? Kind of can't figure it out. All this blog/email jargon--just like a foreign language. My girls had to wait for their ears to be pierced. It was a rite of passage from little girl to young woman--about age 12 or 13. When do the boys get their ears pierced? Joanie

JJRiding said...

Father in law..great job Joanie

Anonymous said...

You are so hilarious. Thinking muffin tops when you put on your jeans. I'm going to remember that one. :)
-- annie