Monday, December 15, 2008

I like Ike

I like this little guy.
Most people find it hard not to like him.
I like Ike.
He's almost seven years old.
I sure wish he'd stay little forever.




Me-Hey, Ike what do you wanna be when you grow up?
Ike-An archikect
Me- Like Daddy?
Ike- Yeah. I wanna go to work with Dad. And then I'll be a scientist and a Vet.
Me- You mean a veterinarian.
Ike-Yeah. Can I be a farmer too?
Me- I think so. Are you going to get married?
Ike-Yeah.
Me- Who are you going to marry?
Ike- Moooooooom.
Me- What? Is that embarrassing?
Ike- Moooooooooom.
Me- How many kids do you want to have?
Ike- Ummmm, four. Two boys and two girlsus.
Me- What are you going to name them.
Ike- Um. I dunno. I'm not a very good namer.
Me- You could name one of the girls after me.
Ike- Name her Mom?

So, my granddaughter's name will be Mom, because that's my name. Why does he have to grow up so fast?







16 comments:

Rhea said...

Ike is a cutie. I love that he wants to name a daughter "Mom." hehe

My six year old son is about to turn seven in one month. He's growing so fast! He's my baby. He used to want to marry me, but I think he's moved past that now. hehe

Southern Gal said...

Oh that is too cute!

Before you know it, you're going to have to teach him the song for the quadratic formula that my math teacher taught me in middle school (& I still remember): and it goes a little somethin' like this (hit it!): "Negative B, plus or minus the square root of B squared minus 4 AC, all over 2A!"

MamaHen said...

Too cute! Little boys are so sweet to their mommas.

Unknown said...

I highly recommend MSU College of Veterinary Medicine if he wants to be a vet;)

Anonymous said...

Cute kid-cute conversation. I agree they totally grow up to fast.

Updated by Lila Huggins (grandmother) said...

Good Morning from Atlanta,
Did you make the comment over at Ren.therapy about making a picture frame of jigsaw puzzle pieces?

Well, if you did, thank you for a clever idea. I help homeschool my 8 grandkids and today for arts and crafts we're going to make some frames. If I can get my 10 year old grandson to help me with my camera I'll take some pics and send them to you.

Your son is darling by the way.

Have a great day!

Miss Lila in Atlanta

Melody said...

You were a cheerleader, weren't you April?! My kids get the low-energy, more boring version of that in our homeschool. :-)

Trisha said...

Hey - I like Ike too! What a cutie!

My future sympathies for your Granddaughter named Mom!

April said...

Hey Miss Lila,
That was me with the puzzle idea! I hope it's a fun craft for y'all. I would love to see some pictures.

Gladys said...

How cute is he? My kids were just babies yesterday and now they have babies of their own. How did that happen? How did I become a granny? I can't be a granny I swear I'm still 18. Then I look in the mirror and there is this old woman looking back at me. I don't know who she is but she needs to go back to the old folks home and leave me alone. :)

Gotta love those kids!

Merry said...

Boys are so silly. Cute.

Merry said...

Boys are so cute at that age. Sweet.

Jean Martha said...

so cute...and your tree looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those Shurley English jingles!

Rechelle said...

Happy Birthday Ike!

MrsMama said...

We like Ike too!
Don't worry - he's be ubercute at 7 too. :)