Sunday, March 11, 2007

Roar!

I am woman! Yesterday, after hours and hours and hours of raking and burning and hauling the woods in my front and back and side yards, I looked about and thought I could be raking and burning and hauling for the next twenty years and this place would still look like it was swallowed by a big leaf-belching-twig-barfing tree! That's when I decided I needed to cut down some trees!

I told my husband to teach me how to use his chainsaw and with reluctance, he did. I started out cutting small stumps off at the base that have been bugging me because I was certain that a child would be shish-ka-bobbed on them. My husband watched me from a distance. I don't know if he was more worried that I would decapitate myself or hurt his precious saw.

I cut down four trees all by myself. I had to hold one back from falling when my 5yo decided to run in front of it just as it started to fall. I think I screamed, "ISAAAAAAC MOOOOVE!!" loud enough for all of you to hear, next time I'll yell, "Timber" like every good woodswoman does.

I don't think I made a difference in the yard's appearance. Mostly; because I left the felled trees laying in the yard partially cut into logs. But, now that I know how to use the saw, look out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive! Want to come over here and do some too?

Lori said...

Hehehe I love it, and your comment about your husband being concerned either for you or the chain saw made me laugh (that would be my husband ).

Crunchy Chicken said...

Ooh, I would love to say I'm a chainsaw wielding woman. But, I can't, because they scare me. I know too many people missing their fingers and, knowing my luck, I would join the crowd.