Saturday, February 17, 2007

Contradictions

I'm a complete contradiction unto myself. Given a situation, oh let's see, how about we start with the driveway.

1.If the driveway is covered with snow and I need to get somewhere I will..

A. bundle up against the arctic winds and tackle Mt. Everest with salt and shovel until I can safely pass the summit with my minivan.

B. completely forfeit any ambitions that lay outside the threshold of my front door.

C. Both


2. If the children are being quiet by watching a movie and the house is a mess, but I need to get some work done, I will....

A. allow them to continue to bask in their coma-like state in order to assure that I won't be disrupted and therefore all things are peacful.

B. cringe at their slothfulness, pull out my whip and start cracking it while yelling orders and demanding a reply of ,"Yes Mam, Mother Mam!" while stressing about getting my work done.

C. Both

3.Since I really shouldn't eat sugar in order to maintain a healthy mind and body..

A. I eat only whole grain foods and avoid all processed sugar.

B. I desperately cram discarded half eaten candy that my children leave lying on the floor, counter, top of the trash or under the car seats into my mouth and pretend like I'm not eating anything, but rather having a coughing fit.

C. Both

You see where this is going? If you chose C for all the answers, you are a genius and also must have a strange insight into my world.

1 comment:

Hope4Grace said...

I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one who will disrupt a coma like state! If I come across them zoned out in front of the tv I will either A. join them and watch four episodes of The Suite Life on Disney or B. turn off the tv and demand that they be miserable and suffer with me.

However, given issue number 1, you left out the choice I would pick.
D: Run the mini-van straight out over driveway in low gear with lots of rev...and make huge mess in the snow leaving it for The Man to clean up. I've done this twice since we moved here. :)

You should come over for coffee, I have all the kids' chocolate treats from their valentine's party hidden in my kitchen~ one piece at a time yum.