Thursday, September 14, 2006

Health Nut

Who knows something about Agave Nectar? Want to share your knowledge? I've been using it since the whole sugar issue, but I can't find any real concrete information about it.

I'm going to start drinking green tea. Just as soon as I go to the store and get some and finish my 20 ounce cup of coffee.

I have set a new weight goal by December. I'm not going to share what it is, because right now I'm just doing a lot of thinking about it to get prepared for the work it will take to obtain the goal. And maybe it's not so much a weight goal as it is a healthy body goal.

Here are some of my plans.

-Start the morning with some form of protein
-drink green tea and more water along with my coffee
-stop drinking diet sodas
-eat whole foods, stop falling back on all the packaged goodness that man provides so easily
-exercise, I'm thinking about joining a Pilates club
-stop eating by 8:00 pm
-go to bed by 10:30 pm

Wanna join me? We can suffer together or be healthy together. I just don't want to waste anymore of my life being sluggish and wishing I woulda, coulda or shoulda done something besides complain about what I've done to myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey April, I'll join you....except maybe not the green tea. Maybe I'll just drink some other tea instead? I definitely need some exercise, too. That not eating after 8 is really important, too, I think. I was especiallly thinking it the other night as I ate a bowl of cereal at 11.....

--annie :)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to join you too, minus the tea drinking and giving up diet soda. Just can't do those two things. Can I snack a little after 8? I don't have any time for a pilates club either.

On second though, maybe I'll just root for you on the sidelines.

Anonymous said...

(oh and did you see what time I posted that?)

April said...

Annie,
I found Diet SOBE green tea...yummy. I'm three days into my new routine and doing pretty good. The green tea thing is supposed to boost your metabolism and all sorts of other things, I so wish it were coffee though, coffee is so good.

Melanie,
I just don't think your ready to be a member of my club, but God bless you for trying for those two minutes. Besides you need to eat to feed that baby and stay up late because your still young.

Anonymous said...

Lately, I've been drinking lots, lots more water and not eating after 8pm. And it has worked! Finally! Before, took me 2 years to lose 20 pounds after my fourth child, so has really been exciting to find something that works so quickly.The not eating after 8pm though, is REALLY hard for me because my little ones are in bed and I can eat uninterrupted. But I've learned to drink a glass of water and I'm full. Also, I start the day off with protein too (eggs and sometimes bacon) and that really keeps me satisfied. I also eat protein at my other meals too. Challenging for me because I don't enjoy meat so much, but it gives me energy and keeps me from being ravenous. I enjoy your blog and will be checking back in soon.