Friday, April 14, 2006

...with a puke puke here and a puke puke there...

As of this morning the last person succumbed to the stomach virus. Two nights ago Ellen and Isaac played dueling toilets. Clay slept on the couch and I slept in my bed with Ellen. She got up nearly every hour to wretch, she did it so hard she gave herself a bloody nose, then puked the blood she had swallowed about an hour later. TMI???

I woke up yesterday as Clay came in the room to check on Ellen and said, "No, No you can't leave, it's got me!". So Clay nursed three of us all day long. Late in the day Seth went down and this morning as I was cleaning up diarrhea in the baby's crib Clay started looking a bit pale. I told him to hurry up and make his phone calls because he wasn't going to be able to stand up much longer.

Now I have this panic reaction to anything that sounds like coughing or liquid hitting a surface. The baby was playing with a cup and gurgling into it and I immediately spun around to rush him into the bathroom. It's going to take a few days to relax the reactions to vomit.

My parents are on their way here right now, God in heaven have mercy. I need to go put Ellen's room back together from when I painted it (just two weeks ago) or Mom and Dad might want to go get a hotel room.....for their own safety.

No comments: