Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Over the shoulder

boulder holder.

Or in my case, small landscaping rocks. April has purchased two new bras! It's a miracle, a true blue miracle! Well, except the bras aren't blue. I'd show you a picture, but, um, no. I will tell you that I bought them from Target and they were under $8 on the sale rack. Please, please, I know, thank you, really, please hold your applause, thank you.

In other news....

When it rains it pours my friends. I'm trying to get my life organized enough to leave town for the weekend, but all I can do is turn circles.

Today I lost a load of clean laundry I was going to fold. Just so happens I took it out of the dryer, put it in the laundry basket then put it all back in the washer to wash again. Gah.

The store I need to go to today doesn't open until 4pm and I'll be doing one of my little volunteer jobs at that time, then taking my son to his "GOD PLEASE PICK HIM" baseball practice, then picking up my kids from church, then, then, then.....

Clay is conveniently out of town for business and will get home just about the time that I've picked up all the kids and started for home. Yeah for me.

I've become completely distracted by a potential job that I would love to have, so much so, that I can't think of much else. And that's not good, refer to laundry mishap in first paragraph.

The other night I spent a strange amount of time searching for boar semen. I know. We plan to artificially inseminate one of our pigs and I thought I should start researching boar semen now. Who knew there was such a big market for that stuff? Wow. Being a Pig Farmer is not the job I was referring to. I'll let you know about that later, maybe, if I can remember.

What was I saying? Boulder holder, lost laundry, job, semen....um yeah, I think that about covers it. Oh wait. I forgot to tell you that we have added a new member to the family!

He comes and goes as he pleases. He lives in every room. Sometimes he stays outside, but right now he's on Ellen's bed. The boys love him. I, well, I, um, er, I hate him. He causes me a lot of work. I wish he would have the courtesy to stay outside where he belongs. My family doesn't seem to notice him sometimes. Especially Clay, he just forgets that the little guy might be tagging along with him. Do you know what he is?

21 comments:

Gladys said...

A rat?

Staci said...

I don't know, but I'm dying to.

Jennie said...

I'll say, a kitten or puppy. We got a rabbit over Easter and I've been vaccuming up little pellets for three days now. Hooray for pets!

Lauren said...

Oh I would have to say a kitten too.. Puppies make themselves quite known and anything else, well probably wouldn't be left on Ellen's bed unattended..

MamaHen said...

I love "just turning in a circle" That is me right now except I'm not really turning, just standing there like Pooh, saying "Think, think, think."

jean said...

A show cat?

And you should know that I have never spent less then $30 on a bra. I have even gone as high as $80. It's a disgrace but my girls are true boulders, large and in charge. Which is perhaps a little too much information but you said "semen" so I feel in good company.

Melody said...

A puppy?

Linda said...

If it comes and goes as it pleases, it sounds like a cat.

I am a pro at going around and around in circles. Especially on days when I have lots and lots to do ... I spin around so much I get dizzy and I don't accomplish a darn thing.

Congrats on the bras ... it's about time!

Anonymous said...

Mud? Is it mud?

Pamela_ATL. said...

How about "I Dunno". You know, like, who broke the lamp? "I Dunno". Where's my frying pan? "I Dunno". I bet a little I dunno has moved into your house. I've had one for years.

Clayvessel said...

And you still found time to write a blog post!

Good for you!

Vickie said...

I'm totally with you on the laundry thing. Last month I was in such a dither to get to an appointment I grabbed the butter off the cabinet and put my car keys in the fridge. Needless to say, the butter didn't start my car!!!

Jean Martha said...

kitten!?!??!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the bra. I dont' want to upset you but the best bra is from Kohls. Werner or warner or something and I also love their underwear. I will never go back to any other brand. They are perfect.

I can't imagine searching online for boar semen. I'm sure you got some really interesting info!

Cynthia said...

oh, please, NOT LICE!!!

The WORST WORST thing on the planet!!!

Hope4Grace said...

For the record...I so love that picture of you and your hubs, the pitchfork really hammers it home...

Unknown said...

A cat? And congratulation on your new purchases! My favorite bra is currently Hanes from WalMart. And I can totally relate to the laundry thing. Sometimes multi-tasking isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Leah said...

a guinea pig

Danielle said...

Ahh, and thank you for putting that Bette Midler song in my head. How'd practice go???

Last week, I brought in a clean load of laundry, folded it and then the cat puked into the basket. Didn't even have the decency to do it BEFORE I folded. The nerve...

Uh, guinea pig? Ferret? iguana?

E said...

Must be a kitty!

US clocks repair said...

A rat?