Tuesday, January 31, 2006

When Life Got Easier

I knew my life was on the up swing when..
1. I could afford to buy the off brand fabric softner.
2. I could pay for gas at the pump and not unload my young to go in to pay.
3. Debit Card could be used at Aldi's.
4. Gap started carrying long jeans in my size.
5. My daughter is old enough to babysit.

Okay now just to make you all feel better here are some down swing moments...
1. The day the cats peed in the van and now on hot days the van smells like cat urine.
2. I didn't use up my gift certificate at Ginger Bay Spa and it expired.
3. Someone stepped on my cell phone and now the screen is bleeding and unreadable.


My thought for the day: for every shiny new item in my home there are 5 garage sale, broken, hand-me-down items to keep Southern Living far far away from knocking on my door for a photo shoot.

Isaac's funny saying for the day, "Mom, I want to stop tooting so I can get on with living my life!" Oh, the humanity!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaac is just TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!

Also, did you used to be able to buy the name brand fabric softner, but now that things are financially better, you buy the generic?? Next thing you know, you're going to be thrilled to have Ramon Noodles for dinner every night. Yuck.

April said...

No, it was no softner and lots of scratchy towels.

Anonymous said...

Oooooooohhhhhhh